Monday, July 2, 2007

RSS Feeds and Newsreaders

I have created a Bloglines account (easy) and subscribed to a number of things, including Betsy's blog (just to see how to subscribe to a blog as opposed to a news site). I don't necessarily think I will use this service on an ongoing basis, but am glad to know what all the little icons (RSS and XML) mean on various web pages. It takes concentation to keep up with all the available technology - although just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean that I will do it. I find the interface for Bloglines and also Google Blog to be a bit "busy" and have noticed that alot of automatics feeds were several years old. Part of the assignment was to comment on the blog about RSS - but I was a bit confused as to whether I should use Bloglines or Blogger - I don't quite understand whether they are separate as far as Blogs, or whether I am linking Bloglines to my Blogger blog. Here is my public Bloglines URL: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/beachylibrarian

2 comments:

MDNewbie said...

Thanks for including me! I plan to get to the RSS Feeds this weekend.

MDNewbie said...

Hey, Cathy!
I added your blog as a RSS Feed. I had trouble doing it. I didn't realize that I had to check the box next to your information and then click subscribe again. I've been using the suggested tutorial called "Using Bloglines Tutorial." It's been helpful, but it just said to click subscribe twice. It didn't say that I had to check the box. Maybe the webmaster of the tutorial figured it would be too obvious to include this step in the tutorial. Off I go to add others!